Mar 13, 2016

Get Over It!



My family has been passing around a bug this last week, and it sucks! I have been sick as a dog, coughing, fevered, stuffed, sore, and not sleeping a wink. It is the most ill I have been in a long while--and I hate it! Not only is it just plain awful to be sick, but we are in the throes of selling our house. We have had inspections, appraisals, installers, and countless others in and out of our home the last couple of weeks. I have had to back off of freelance work and start putting some of our things "away," in storage so we can move out by the end of the month. I am stressed out, pooped out, and not handling anything very well. This has me in a terrible funk. The kind that makes me the worst possible form of human being. It needs to stop!

I know, pity party! But I just can't help it. I am overwhelmed all the time. I think the only one constant is my ability to yell at my kids. I don't like this side of me--this state I have allowed myself to fall into. I am cranky, mean, and snappy. I even sulk, which is not pretty, especially when my nose and eyes run at the same rate. So I am going to do my best, starting now, to just get over it.

Here is How I Will Do It

These are the steps I need to take:
  • Focus on supporting and loving my kids through this tough transition
  • Let go of what I can't control and focus on what I can
  • Take all the naps when I need them (until this dang cold is caput!)
  • Yard Sale!!! The main opportunity for dejunking my life
  • Seek and accept the help I need from others (tough for me)
  • Find every opportunity to express my gratitude because we have been so blessed
  • Support my husband better, he does so so much for us
  • Put my iPhone away

No comments:

Post a Comment