Jan 25, 2011

Tunes on Tuesday // Baby (Cover)

My brother found this song for me and it was an immediate hit. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the Bieber and am in love with his bangs, but I can honestly say that Neon Trees does this song better. Sorry lil' JB, but I do love your Eenie Meenie song with Sean Kingston, so props for that.

Honestly, I like the maturity this band brings to the cover of Baby. When I think of Bieber I think of my screeching and swooning thirteen year old cousin and that is so junior high, which I haven't been for  more than a decade. But the blossoming Neon Trees, whom I love, are a group more my age. Bonus! This band is local to me. I totally saw them at Target once, shopping for socks, in my dreams. Ok, ok, so it was a cousin-in-law who saw them at Target, but still, I could have seen them had I been shopping there because I go to that particular Target all the time.

So here it is, the song you love to outwardly hate, but deep down you know you play it every night before you go to sleep, and here it is in it's best version.

Baby (Bieber Cover) // Neon Trees

Favorite Lyrics: I seriously love the bridge "Stand By Me"
If the sky that we look upon should crumble and fall
And the mountains should tumble to the sea
No I won't be afraid, I won't shead no tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
Oh and I was like baby, baby, baby.

What is your favorite cover by another band?

No comments:

Post a Comment