Jan 11, 2011

Tunes on Tuesday // Shy That Way

I am back on Tuesday, if you will believe it. I honestly don't believe it, at least not yet. Maybe after the music video then I will be much more convinced.

Today I went back through my library and found a song that I forgot I loved. So I moved it to the forefront of my playlist and I am remembering over and over again why I fell in the first place. Here it is!

Shy That Way  // Tristan Prettyman & Jason Mraz


The acoustic version, the only version, is in itself stunning. I think there is a point in most relationships where this sort of inner monologue happens. Goes something like: "OH EM GEE! That guy is hot. Look at him. I could just stand here all day and just...Shoot! He looked over here. Now I have to move. 'Scuse me, gotta just sneak behind you. There. Now I can see him again, but I don't think he can see me. Shoot! Again? Now he knows I keep staring at him. No eye contact, just look at the floor and pretend. Maybe one more glance." The song implies all that is awkward in the first glance and connection and I love it! I think the majority can admit to being shy that way at least once, even if it was only in kindergarten.

Favorite Lyrics:
There's always too much talking
And I wanna just keep walking
And I keep staring, baby, keep staring
Though I may not know the right things to say
I'll get it out to you one day

Any songs you have forgotten to love lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment