Oct 27, 2011

You Can Do this Momma

It is getting close. I really think it is getting close. This whole baby thing is blowing my mind most of the time. Am I ready? Do I have everything I need? Where is my suit case? Where is baby's first outfit? I need some pickles! Really, I often feel like I am drowning a midst the receiving blankets and boxes of diapers waiting for it to just get started so I will finally know whether or not I fail as a mom.

But I won't fail. I can't! I will not let this little guy down. I am going to do my darndest to bring him safely into this world and prepare him for the rapids ahead. Guess what, all that other stuff, the blankets and diapers, they really don't matter. What matters is I am going to keep him as safe as I can for as long as I can. I am going to open his eyes to the world. I am going to help him learn, grow, and discover. I am going to help him love. I am going to heal his hurts. I am going to read to him, cuddle him, feed him, and shelter him.

I am nervous and excited. I am scared and so blessed. I am going to knock this momma thing out of the park! I can do this! I will do this! I cannot wait to do this! Good thing I have Superman to help me do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment