Jan 7, 2013

January Blogger Book Club


I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I was thinking of opening up a blogger book club. This year I want to read a lot of books, 52 to be exact. That is one book a week and it sounds crazy, I know. Time is not a commodity I have in excess, but I do have Audible, Kindle, and a library card in my book reading arsenal. This year I have decided it is time to put them to good use. 

So how would a blogger book club work? Honestly, I have no clue. The basics of a book club include reading the same read and discussing it with a group. Sounds simple, and it is when you don't have the world wide web between you. A blog would make discussing a book difficult unless you want to navigate a long stream of comments. I really don't want to do that. So if local book readers want to meet in person, that is one thing, but for all the online buddies what could we do? Ideas? Instant messaging? :) You can easily see how this would gets complicated and likely wont hold up.

Ok, so maybe a blogger book club would be more about moral support. It wouldn't matter if you read one book, two, or fifty-two. It wouldn't even matter if you were reading one of the books on the monthly list. Rather it would be all about reading, commenting, and giving recommendations. There is very little I like more than a good book recommendation from a like minded literary enthusiast. So what do you say? What are you reading? What are your 2013 goals as far as reading is concerned? Anything good so far?

We can post reviews at the end of the month of the books we read and then do a linkup. That way we can see what friends are reading, what they liked, and what we can skip. Sound good? Okay. Look for a linkup post at the end of this month and we will see how this goes. 

For me I am looking at these four books for January:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on your blog and would totally do a blogger book club!

    ReplyDelete