May 18, 2012

Movie Review :: The Avengers

source
Title: The Avengers

Actors: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner

Quick Plot: Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D assembles a team of super heroes and super humans to save the Earth from being overrun by Loki and his army of aliens.

Stars: ****

Comments: Going into this movie I had big, huge, hulking expectations. My husband and brother saw it when it first came out and were raving mad about it. As I was asking a series of questions about the movie my Superman admitted to liking it better than Iron Man, and even perhaps better than Batman: Dark Knight. I was shocked and excited by this idea that a superhero movie could surpass, what I believed to be, the greatest comic turned movie of all time. Sadly, my expectations were not met. Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic movie full of action, drama, and Tony Stark-isms. Some of my favorites, that my brother cannot stop quoting, include: "Make your move reindeer games" and "Better clench up Legolas." The story was good, the actors were good, the conclusion to be as expected. However, I cannot in good faith give this the five stars of Dark Knight. It just didn't quite do it for me, especially with it being so long and my bum going numb in the theater. This might just be because it took a while for this movie to really wind up and get started. We will be buying this on Blue Ray, I have no doubt and it is a must see for summer. It is just not a see multiple times in theaters, at least, not for me. My hubby and brother would beg to differ. Also, just as a heads up, somehow I am getting talked into considering The Avengers as our Halloween costumes this year. I can't help it though, there is a reeeeeeally cute baby Thor costume that I am dying over. K.B. in that costume might just be the deciding factor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment