Oct 1, 2012

Book Review :: September Flops


Title : Match Me
Series : NA
Author : Liz Appel
Rating : **

Comments : This was a short story, very short. Very short and very predictable. In fact, the story was so familiar I thought perhaps I had read a similar one during my Publishing Club days at University. Through the whole story I felt the same creepy feeling of deja vu. Perhaps I have read this before, but I certainly do not have to read it again. 







Title : License to Thrill
Series : NA
Author : Stephanie Bond
Rating : *

Comments: I chose this book because in the past I have really enjoyed the Body Movers series by this same author. The characters of those books are quirky, endearing, and have wildly hilarious capers with some morgue-bound bodies. So I got this book on my kindle in hopes that it would live up to my expectations and contain some of those same elements of humor and endearment. Sadly, it did not. This is a smutty romantic thriller full of foul language, hanky-panky, and a disengaging plot. Perhaps it was simply the unbelievably of how quickly the attraction develops between the two characters that had be put off from the start. I was only thrilled when it was over. 

Title : 
Series : NA
Author : Liz Appel
Rating : **

Comments : Of the three flops I read this month, this book was the least bad of them all. I thought the story was nice, but predictable. It was basically a more familial version of The Bachelor, the movie starring Chris O'Donnell and Renée Zellweger not the television series staring a bunch of nutter bars. The relationship that developed between the main characters was superficial. There was very little language, no violence and the one moment of sex was barely mentioned. Those were all good things in my book, but the story could have, should have been better. I honestly wish I liked this story more. It was cute, it was a fast read, and it lacked depth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment