Feb 22, 2013

Friday Morning Breakfast :: Baked Apple Crisp

baked apple crisp

Feast your eyes on yet another easy Friday morning breakfast. I searched and searched for a good recipe, but nothing was really matching what I was looking for. I love apple crisp, but didn't know how to make a single serving. I thought I could try it as a baked apple though, something I had never attempted before. So I took what I found from several recipes and came up with this. Often my antics in the kitchen can be a little scary, especially because I have no training or expertise. However, I do know what I like and in this instance my experimentation turned out perfectly! The oats came out chewy. The crasins rocked it. I drizzled it with a little maple syrup. So very good! When paired with my favorite yogurt it was a filling and delicious breakfast, if I do say so myself. The best part? My Littleman can reaching for my plate wanting more, so he got his own little dish too. 

Ingredients:
1 apple
1/3 c. oats
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp crasins
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the apple in half and core it. Mix the other ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the apple. Drizzle it with more honey or maple syrup. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy with your favorite yogurt or even ice cream for dessert.

baked apple crisp

1 comment: