Feb 8, 2013

Friday Morning Breakfast :: Orange and Pear Green Smoothie

orange and pear green smoothie

People, I am turning into a green smoothie fiend. The blender is my new best friend; that and a bag of spinach. It is so easy to throw everything in my sweet silver machine and set it to whirring. This is what my breakfast looks like on the days Superman is home for the weekends because I get to escape to the gym. That's right, he watches Littleman and I get my butt kicked in spin class. I whip up a smoothie before I leave and take it with me. Then, after I spin my wheel awhile, I enjoy my green smoothie on the way home. Delicious and makes me feel like I am eating healthy in partner with my gym experience. Boom! There you have it. Fast and easy blender breakfast for a mom on the run, or at least a stationary bike. 

Ingredients:
2 handfuls of spinach
5-7 baby carrots
1 peeled orange
1 sliced pear
1 c. of yogurt
1 c. of orange juice
1 c. crushed ice
1 tbsp. honey

Directions:
Throw everything in the blender in order of ingredient list and blend on low for 15 seconds and then high for 15 seconds. This actually makes quite a lot and I usually end up putting some in the freezer and saving it for later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment