Jun 4, 2011

Writer's Block : Read My Mind

In three words, describe what's currently running through your mind.
If I were to pick the top three words right now on my mind they would be: Madagascar. Brownies. Names.

We will start with the first. Madagascar is the name of the movie that happens to be the only thing on television right now. "I like to move it, move it." You know, the show about zoo animals finding themselves in the wild? Not exactly world's classiest entertainment, and I will probably put in a DVD soon, but it will do for now. Yes, sigh. This is how I spend most nights when Spen is not home. I mope and debate about house cleaning, I watch some tv or read a book. I usually end up crawling into bed early and waiting for his phone call around ten. I can't say I am in love with the situation, but I am so grateful he has such a great job with exceptional benefits.

Next up the word brownies comes to mind because I have some cream cheese brownies sitting on the coffee table in front of me. I am surprised by my exceptional will power, really, because there are still some left. They are soft, chocolaty, and all mine. Spence is doing so well on his diet and I am so proud of him. Unfortunately it also means that birthday junk food is mine and mine alone. Luckily we don't keep many sweets in the house and Spen and I have both been eating more and more fruits and veggies. But I have to say, these brownies have been a great treat.

Finally, names seem to be in the forefront of my mind. Baby names, of course. Wow it is hard narrowing down the list, and it seems like I just keep adding more and more names. I have to admit though, it is really fun to know that I will finally be able to put my baby name list to good use. As a writer one of my favorite things about each story is picking the perfect name for the main character. Names are full of meaning, history, and character. I could spend hours sifting through name lists, looking for just the right one. I am beyond thrilled and baby is growing, my belly sticking out a little more. What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment